Meet the Rommana Chief Architect
Magdy Hanna, Ph.D.
The Rommana ALM tool and methodology has been built around the teachings and principles of the software engineering authored by
Dr. Magdy Hanna, which he has taught to more than 50,000 professionals over the last 20 years. Many of these principles and methodologies were implemented in the early version of SQEngineer the early 1990's. Dr. Hanna continues to act the Rommana Chief Architect.
Dr. Hanna is a recognized educator, speaker and consultant in several areas of software engineering. His distinguished seminars on various topics have been highly rated by software professionals. His experience with software goes back to the mid 1970's, when he worked as a developer at the NCR Center and the American University in Cairo, Egypt. Over the last thirty-five years, Dr. Hanna has worked in all aspects and capacities of software projects and processes. He has trained over 50,000 professionals around the world over the last 20 years. His passion and enthusiasm for testing, process improvement, and software engineering are contagious.
Dr. Hanna is Founder, CEO, and Chairman of several organizations:
- International Institute for Software Testing (www.iist.org), leading educational and professional development organization that provides education-based certifications to software test and quality professionals around the world. Dr. Hanna serves as the Chairman of Advisory Board for the Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) and the Certified Test Manager (CTM) credentials.
- International Institute for Software Process (www.spinstitute.org), leading professional development organization that provides education-based certifications to software process improvement professionals around the world. Dr. Hanna serves as the Chairman of Advisory Board for the International Software Process Improvement Certification (ISPIC).
- International Conference on Practical Software Quality and Testing, (www.PSQTconference.com).
- International Conference on Software Process Improvement, (www.icspi.com).
- Rommana™ Software (www.Rommanasoftware.com). In this role, he is the Chief Architect of an Integrated Software Lifecycle Management System.
Dr. Hanna also served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Software Test Professionals, a publication of the International Institute for Software Testing, now the Bug Free Zone (www.iist.org/bugfreezone.php
). As a professor of Software Engineering at the University of St. Thomas, he taught graduate courses on several software engineering topics with emphasis on practical software quality techniques. Dr. Hanna consults with companies to define and improve their software processes using disciplined software engineering approaches.
Dr. Hanna developed new approaches and methods in software engineering including the Scenario-Based Development and Testing (SBDT), Requirement-Based Project Management (RBPM), Software Quality Engineering Methodology (SQEngineer), the Unified Data Model (UDM), and the Data-Driven Object Model ( DOM ). Dr. Hanna and his instructors conduct hundreds of free online webinars each year.
Dr. Hanna holds a Ph.D. and a Masters Degree in Computer and Information Sciences form the University of Minnesota, also a Masters in Operations Research from Cairo University , and B. Sc. in Petroleum Engineering from Suez Canal University, Egypt.